This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas & New Year

Do you know much about Christmas? The first thing that many people don't know in Japan is that Christmas is twelve days long. The best way to remember that is to remember the song The Twelve Days of Christmas:

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me… a partridge in a pear tree
On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me… 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree
On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me… 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me… 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree
On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me 5 golden rings... 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

partridge ヤマウズラ
pear tree 梨の木
turtle dove キジバト
hen めんどり
calling bird = collie bird = 炭鉱用の鳥

No comments:

Post a Comment